Tis the season for everything pumpkin! I know i’m probably a little late to the game, but c’mon guys, we gotta drop at least into the low 60s before I can bring myself to buy anything fall related. While it’s seasonably warm here in NYC, it finally hit the 50s over the weekend.
And that means PUMPKINS EVERYTHING. I was home this weekend by myself and i’m into doing the little things I enjoy the most and indulging. First thing on the list to do was make breakfast for dinner.- because DUH And that means pumpkin pancakes.
Pancakes or waffles are my go to for almost anything because they’re super easy to make. And I used my cheap (in price not quality) Cuisinart food processor to help with the batter. Once the batter was prepped I took about 1 heaping tablespoon of batter over the hot pan in my silicone stencils so the batter didn’t go everywhere!
So a bit of a bummer, but our apt needs demo/reno work and that means recipes won’t happen as often as I would have liked, but don’t worry I’ll be up and on it soon. And hopefully with a new kitchen! Wouldn’t that be nice?!
Over the past few days, before we were kicked out, I’ve been experimenting with pumpkin a lot of the past few days, so be on the look out for (mostly) inspired pumpkin recipes. BONUS TIP: Next time you hit up your local grocery store, go to the hummus aisle and look for Boar’s Head Pumpkin Hummus. This was a delightful tip I received and would have been fantastic on these pancakes.
- 1/3 pumpkin puree
- 2 scoops Bob’s Red Mill Vanilla Protein and Fiber Powder
- 1/3 cup of coconut flour or almond flour
- three eggs
- 1/4 cup almond milk (add more if batter seems dry)
- 1tbsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of pumpkin spice
- Mix all dry ingredients in large bowl with whisk or place all ingredients in Cuisinart food processor and blend batter
- Remove blade from food processor
- Heat pan, spray with your preferred oil, play silicone tray down.
- Take heaping tablespoon of mixture and place in stencil.
- Turn dial down to medium-low heat and wait about 30-60 seconds before removing the stencil.
- Wait about another 30 before you flip it over entirely.
- Wait atleast a minute before checking, but should be golden brown
Repeat and enjoy!