I’m on an energy ball kick. The little food processor that could did it again. I’m getting the hang of making these fun guys. Couldn’t ask for anything more: easy to make and easier to eat.
Carrot cake inspo came from my love of.. carrot cake! This has been a favorite of mine since I was a little kid. The convenience of having these around is amazing. See below of the recipe. It’s worth it to double down on ingredients to make more! They usually have about a week long lifespan when refrigerated.
These carrot cake balls are not too sweet and totally fill you up. Because of the carrot and walnut combo, each ball is about 3-5g of fiber! If you want them to be on the sweeter side. I recommend adding 1 tsp of Choc Zero Maple Syrup to the batch!
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 tbsp of peanut butter or nut butter of your choice
- 1 tbsp of Bob’s Mills coconut flour
- 1 tbsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp of Himilayan salt
- 1 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp of powdered erythritol to sprinkle on top after
- Pour the shredded carrots into the Cuisinart food processor and press chop for about 20 seconds
- Add walnuts, peanut butter, coconut flour, and vanilla extract in processor and grind.
- Make sure all ingredients are blended well and scoop out.
- Start forming 1″ balls on plate and store in fridge for at least 30 minutes
- Pour unsweetened shredded coconut in processor, place in dish and store to the side.
- After 30 minutes of the energy balls in the fridge take them out and roll in shredded coconut
- For that vanilla cake feeling sprinkle some powdered erythritol on top
- Store in an airtight container.
What are your favorite flavors for an energy ball? Let me know below!
The Atomic She