I have been BUSY lately, and one of the easiest things to snag when running out of the house instead of pick up a Raw Rev bar, is a handful of energy balls. I’ve been craving all things lemon lately, and appreciate a great coconut garnish.
Hence the concoction below! I added a touch of turmeric to help with anti-inflammatory from previous plane travels and give me a boost of antioxidants!
Again, I used the amazing and cheap (only $30 on Amazon) Cuisinart Food Processor. I noticed that a lot of energy ball recipes called for dates. And while dates packaging claims they have a great source of fiber, the net carbs are nothing to brag about.
1 1/2 cups whole cashews (I used dry roasted, salted)
1/4 cup coconut flour
3 T of turmeric
1/4 cup Califia Almond milk
3 T of truvia OR Choc Zero Maple Syrup
Juice of 1 medium sized lemon
1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1. Place the cashews in a food processor and process until a fine crumble.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and process until it looks like ingredients are binding.
3. Roll the “dough” into approximately 1-inch balls and place them on a
plate or tray.
4. Place the tray in the freezer for about 20 minutes to firm.
5. Top with extra shredded coconut!
6. We like these best stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
The Atomic She